Welcome to Snipe-IT for Jira!
Snipe-IT for Jira is a handy Jira integration for the asset management tool Snipe-IT. View Snipe-IT assets directly within Jira issues. Edit the assignee and the status of an asset without leaving Jira. Get more work done and switch tools less often.
Do you already have an installation of the asset management tool Snipe-IT? If not, you can get one here.
If yes, you can continue with the following steps to connect Snipe-IT with Jira.
- Go to the configuration screen:
- Either by clicking on the “Configure” button in the app listing
- Or under Jira settings > Apps > Snipe-IT for Jira > Configuration
- Enter the URL of your Snipe-IT instance and an API key
Note: You can generate an API key in the Snipe-IT web interface: https://snipeitapp.com/ > Your account dropdown (top right) > Manage API Keys > Create New Token
- Click “Check connection and save”
Add the asset field to your Jira issues
With our app you can link your Snipe-IT assets to Jira issues. Add an asset (custom) field to your projects to make it visible.
Setting it up varies between next-gen and classic projects.
Next-gen service desk
- Go to Project > Project settings > Request types
- Click Show more > Assets in the Create a field section
- Enter display name (e.g. Linked assets)
- Save changes
Classic software project
By default, a “Linked assets” custom field is created that can be added to any screens where assets are being used.
- Go to Jira settings > Issues > Custom fields
- Search for “Linked assets”
- Click on the three-dots-menu
- Associate the field “Linked assets” to the desired screen(s)
Activate the “Assets of Reporter” glance for certain projects
The “Assets of Reporter” glance is a field that displays all assets which are assigned to the reporter of a ticket.
- Navigate to the “Snipe-IT for Jira” configuration page: Jira settings > Apps > Snipe-IT for Jira > Configuration
- Under the menu item “Show the “Assets of Reporter” glance in projects” you can select the project/s where the field should be visible.
You can read more about Snipe-IT for Jira in our documentation.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns about Snipe-IT for Jira. We usually reply within one working day. Your feedback and ideas help us to improve our app for you and other customers. Thank you!